Home     About Us    Contact Us     Contribute     Privacy
Mutual Funds
Related Articles
Related Definitions
Related Categories
Tip of the Day

Tip of the Day Never Spend More Than 2 Times Your Income On A Home

Never Spend More Than 2 ? Times Your Income On A Home - Half the trick to buying a home is knowing what you can afford to spend...

read entire tip

Related Podcasts
Recently Added
Other Great Sites

Lost Savings Bonds

At times an individual may encounter the unpleasant experience of losing a Savings Bond to theft, damage, or other misfortune. Lost Savings Bonds may not be entirely lost considering there are several steps that a person can take to rectify the situation. Also, a Savings Bond can be replaced or redeemed without paying a fee. It does not matter what series the Lost Savings Bonds may be, the procedure is the same for all.

Sometimes, when the individual orders a bond and does not receive it within fifteen business days--the bond becomes lost even before he has received it. First, he should contact the institution where the bond had been purchased. The institution will investigate the reason why the individual did not receive the bond and will help in filling out a claim form to request a replacement bond. If an individual does not receive a bond which was bought through a Payroll Savings Plan, he should contact the employer's payroll office for a claim form.

Of course, the individual can go online to begin the process of replacing the bond. The appropriate form is provided on the Treasury Direct Website (treasurydirect.gov). This form is Public Debt Form 1048--Claim for Lost, Stolen or Destroyed United States Savings Bonds. First, the individual needs to read the instructions and note the mailing address to send the completed form. If exact issue dates are not known, dates can be estimated with the word "unknown" inserted for any denominations, serial numbers or anything else unknown. Certainly, the more information the individual can provide, the better the likelihood to find the records of the bonds. At the least, the person needs to provide his name and Social Security Number.

After the completion of this form, he must take it to a financial institution that deals with Savings Bonds and have his signature certified. Most banks, credit unions, and savings and loans deal with Savings Bonds and adequate identification must always be shown for the signature certification. After this, the individual should mail the form to the provided address. Once the Treasury receives the form, it will search for the bonds in its records. When the records are found, the Treasury will affirm whether or not the bonds have been cashed. The claim form will show if the individual has decided to have the bonds replaced or redeemed. To prevent a Lost Savings Bond, the individual should always have a complete inventory listing of bonds and their serial numbers kept in a safe place for future reference.

Discuss It!

Boyce Wellman said:

How do I find out if I have Canada Savings Bonds, which were accumulated when working in Ontario? Thanks||| said:

To prevent a Lost Savings Bond, the individual should always have a complete inventory listing of bonds and their serial numbers kept in a safe place for future reference.

dollars said:

I feel surprisingly thankful that I read this.

popcorn time for windows said:

Entertainment always takes a special place in the whole app world. Here is another app meant for entertainment called âPopcorn Timeâ which is unique among all the other related apps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9u3wmkzdE said:

The article has really beat my inclination. I am going to bookmark your site and keep up checking for flashing new data. Phenomenal tips and clear.

More Help said:

Everything is strikingly open with a really clear lighting up of the pesters. It was really enlightening. Your site is valuable.

Aspen Wagner said:

This is really a critical scrutinized for me. I have bookmarked it and I am expecting disassembling new articles.

schools9 ap inter supple results 2017 said:

The post ought to have almost certainly observed course on this focal matter.Absolutely quickening posting !

Most Popular Articles
Most Popular Definitions
Daily Definition

Definition of the Day Voting Stock

Voting Stock - A Voting Stock is a stock that comes with voting rights to the holder of this stock. With this voting right, a shareholder can have influence on important matters that involves the company. He or she can also vote for members of the...

read entire definition




Home     About Us    Contact Us     Contribute     Sitemap


Copyright © 2009 TeenAnalyst.com