Commercial bridging finance is basically the bridging of the gap between a sale and a purchase. For example: You are buying a land and you are expected to make the payment in thirty days. The payment that you are going to make would be actually from the sale of a particular asset and money from which will be realized only after sixty days. The gap of thirty days is compensated or filled in by finance companies by lending money to you so that you would be able to buy the land. And after sixty days, once you get the money from the sale of the other land, you would make the payment to the finance company. There are lots of firms which are actually into bridge financing and the following are the key facts relating to commercial bridge financing:
Before financing, the following are the details that the company would require from the borrowing party:
1. Your credit history and past performance as a borrower is thoroughly checked. This is required to actually fix the rate of interest to be charged based on the risk factors. Higher the risk, higher the interest rate; lower the risk, lower the rate of interest.
2. Then there would be certain details that they would like to know such as
a) Have the contracts have been exchanged?
b) Have you made an offer and has your offer been expected?
c) Are you planning to bid for an auction or are you still researching for a property?
3. Then the value of the project should also be disclosed to the lender.
The following are some of the benefits of commercial bridge financing:
1. Commercial bridging finance options are available for property development, land acquisitions, conversion of property usage, auction purchases and sales, etc.
2. The procedure is very fast and requires very little documentation and verification when compared to the other financing methods.
3. There is lot of flexibility, convenience and the formalities involved are very less.
4. The finance can be made up to hundred percent of the total value of the purchase.
5. There are companies which are not really worried or bothered about your previous credit history and still willing to give you loans by treating you as a normal customer and not a subprime customer.
6. The minimum limit is close to thirty thousand dollars and there is no limit for the maximum limit that could be borrowed.
7. Even if your financial status is poor, you can avail loans from these people. They do not require you to have huge assets or properties in your name.