Corporate finance is that branch of finance which analyses the tools used by different organizations to arrive at a particular decision. They basically are responsible to maximize the company’s wealth and reducing its exposure to risk. The following are some of the corporate finance jobs available:
1. Corporate finance manager: This person is responsible for making all the decisions relating to the financial decisions of the company.
2. Treasurer: The job of the treasurer is to manage the funds in the treasury department, safeguarding the treasury and disposing off the funds properly.
3. Financial Analyst: The job of the financial analyst is to manage the financial needs of the business, doing capital budgeting, financial planning, dealing with leasing agreements and derivatives, etc. The financial analyst must have great analytical skills, computer skills and must be good at financial and mathematical concepts.
4. Credit manager: The job of the credit manager is to take care of the credit related activities of the business.
The following are some of the corporate finance banks in the market:
1. Standard Chartered Corporate Finance:
A standard Chartered Finance bank is one of the very well known banks providing corporate financing solutions. They have the corporate advisory team which has the expertise and skills to give you advice and suggestions on cross-border advisory and leveraged financing transactions. Its equity finance team is the leader in Asia in terms of its public issues and capital raisings. They provide customized solutions on all corporate financing and business needs. With the help of its trade finance solutions, a buyer or a supplier can raise funds for his initial capital or working capital requirements. They provide export and project finance solutions too. The following are some of the awards that they have won in the field of corporate financing:
a) The best structured trade finance bank award in 2007.
b) The best project finance advisory house award in 2008.
c) The best leveraged finance house in 2008.
2. HSBC Corporate Finance:
The corporate finance advisory services provided by HSBC bank are in the field of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, debt management and equity finance.
In the equity finance department, they advice companies to raise equity capital through, Initial Public Offers or other public issues. In corporate transactions, it advises companies on finance related matters like mergers and acquisitions, disposals and restructuring, etc.
They have a very good team of professionals who do not only have the expertise but also the experience to handle complex situations in corporate financing.