Everyone wants to get education and it is their right to get it. But is it that easy to get education? The answer is yes. It is easy provided you have the financial back up. And getting a graduate degree is not that expensive, especially in India. But professional courses like medicine, engineering, accounting, finance are expensive. If you do not have the money, it becomes very difficult to get such education. You always have bank loans available to finance education but it really becomes a problem if you are not able to get a job post graduation and unable to pay back your bank dues. There is an option called distance learning which is getting really popular nowadays. So let us now look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing a finance course through distance learning;
1. It is much cheaper when compared to your regular program and you do not have to shell out too much money.
2. You do not have to quit you jobs or to put it this way, you can work while you are doing your distance degree course.
3. It is less time consuming and you do not have to spend hours attending lectures and classes in your institute.
4. You get lot of time to do your research work for preparing projects and assignments.
5. After having worked for some time you feel a bit awkward and uncomfortable to go back to classroom learning. Distance learning will help you in this regard.
1. You would never get the same exposure from a distance learning course when compared to the regular course.
2. There are lots of companies in the market which do not value your degree of distance learning and almost consider as if you have not done a course in that subject at all.
3. They do not help you get better job opportunities. The degree is just for namesake most of the time and do not add any value to your professional career.
4. You are alone by yourself and you do not get the guidance of a regular teacher who will help you out with your difficulties. It becomes a major problem if you are doing a more technical course like finance or engineering.
5. There are chances of you getting cheated or manipulated if you do online degrees. How can you trust someone whom you have not seen in person and make online payment towards fees?
6. Your office work might affect your studies.