Motor finance companies are basically companies which provide financing opportunities both to the car dealers as well as the buyers. As a person working in a motor finance company, your responsibility would mostly be to get in touch or contact dealers who will get finance opportunities to your company. There are certain guidelines given and targets set for the employees working in a motor company and these jobs at times become very hectic and stressful if those targets are not met properly. You do not see people stick to this field for quite long unless and until they have a passion for automobiles and sales.
The following are some of the qualifications that would be required to get you that motor finance job:
1. You must be a graduate as it is a basic requirement for any job in the market. If you have an additional degree, then it is better though some employers look at it as an unnecessary or additional qualification.
2. You should have some knowledge about cars and finance. This would make your understanding of the work easier once you are selected for the job.
3. You should have passion for sales and achieving targets. If you have any previous experience in sales, then that would be an additional advantage.
4. You must be an extrovert and must possess good communication skills. Good enough to communicate with your future and present clients.
Now we would look how to find a good motor finance job:
1. Do not just rely on the advertisements in your newspapers or the ones you come across in the internet. They are not good enough to get you the right job because most of the elite jobs are not advertised or made public. Such elite vacancies are just filled in through internal job postings or references. So it is better that you stay in touch with some of your teachers, professors, employed friends, etc so that if there is anything coming along, they would keep you posted.
2. Try getting a job in bigger companies or more specifically conglomerates. If your employer has another business division which is car selling like Tata or Hyundai then you probably do not have to depend on other car manufacturers to give you financing opportunities, you can do it for your companies itself. I know everyone says that getting into a startup company is better than getting into an already established one. But this rule does not apply to every sector and definitely not the motor finance sector.